Online Certificate Course on Photovoltaics
All life on earth is supported by the sun. This amazing resource radiates energy and provides us both heat and light by fusing hydrogen into helium at its core. The use of solar energy has steadily grown over the last couple of decades, with more and more people realizing the tremendous value of utilizing solar panels. The return on investment of going solar is highly valuable, and not just financially, but for the sake of public health and environmental sustainability. With every passing year, solar energy becomes more popular for home and business owners as people learn its many benefits, and as installation costs decrease. Considering the facts, Alo Bhubon Trust (Alo-BT) in collaboration with Centre for Energy Research (CER) of United International University (UIU) and Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Köthen, Germany brings Online Certificate Course on Phtovoltaics to provide instruction and knowledge on the principles of sustainable energy and renewable technologies.
Prof. Dr. Norbert Bernhard, Professor of Technologies of Photovoltaics, Anhalt University of Applied Sciences, Köthen, Germany
Prof. Bernhard studied physics at Munich and Oxford University and did his PhD at Stuttgart University on thin-film solar cells. He then joined the Center for Solar Energy and Hydrogen Research at Stuttgart as a postdoc. Afterwards he spent 13 years in R&D in the semi-conductor industry, before he became professor at Anhalt University of Applied Sciences.
He is program advisor for the Master’s program in Photovoltaics Engineering Science (www.hs-anhalt.de/mpv) at Anhalt University. Applications for this program are welcome.
- Dr. Raqibul Mostafa, Dean, School of Science and Engineering, Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE), United International University (UIU)
- Dr. Golam Abu Zakaria, Founder Chairman, Alo Bhubon Trust (Alo-BT), Professor of Clinical Engineering, Anhalt University of Sciences, Germany; Ex- Chairman, Medical Physics Dept., Klinikum Oberberg, University of Cologne, Germany
- Shahriar Ahmed Chowdhury, Director, Centre for Energy Research (CER) and Assistant Professor of EEE at United International University
- Professor Dr. Hasin Anupama Azhari, Director, Centre for Biomedical Science and Engineering (CBMSE), United International University (UIU) and General Secretary, Alo Bhubon Trust (Alo-BT)
- Professor Dr. Khawza Iftekhar Uddin Ahmed, Director, Center for International Affairs and Cooperation (CIAC) and Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, United International University.
The course will disseminate a broad understanding of the history and mechanics behind converting light into electricity, commonly known as photovoltaics (PV). The course explores economic considerations, touching on solar PV costs for residential and commercial use, incentives, and contrasts solar power with fossil fuel and nuclear plants. This course is ideal for anyone interested in entering the solar power sector, whether fresh to the workforce or switching industries.
After taking this Course, you will be able to
- Explain everything related to photovoltaic such as construction and how to select components such as solar panels, charge controllers, inverters, batteries, and busbars.
- Design different solar energy systems such as off-grid and on-grid.
- Recognize and describe elements of a PV system.
- Compare the most common types of solar cells, sketch a solar PV system, and analyze differences between rooftop and ground mounting configurations.
- Solar enthusiasts
- Electrical power engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Electrical and mechanical students
- Anyone who wants to get knowledge about solar system or PV System
10 May 2022
Every Tuesday, 05:00 PM to 06:00 PM Bangladesh Standard Time (BST) / 11:00 AM – 12:00 noon Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Introduction to PV
17 May 2022
Basic Physics of Solar Cells
24 May 2022
Crystalline Si Solar Cells
31 May 2022
Thin Film Solar Cells
07 June 2022
14 June 2022
21 June 2022
Concepts of System Design
28 June 2022
Shading and Bypass-Diodes
05 July 2022
Solar Cell and Material Characterization
12 July 2022
Advanced Concepts and Future Development
19 July 2022
Online Examination (Problem solving assignment)
20 July 2022
Evaluation form distribution
26 July 2022
- Local Students: 1000 BDT
- Local Professionals: 2000 BDT
- International Students: 15 USD
- International Professionals: 30 USD
Call for Registration: 1st April 2022
Registration Deadline: 10th May 2022
- Duration: 2 Months, 10 May 2022 to 12 July 2022
- Date and time: Every Tuesday, 05:00 PM to 06:00 PM Bangladesh Standard Time (BST) / 11:00 AM – 12:00 noon Greenwich Mean Time (GMT
- Total no of class: 10 class, 10 hours